New Year, New List of Most anticipated books. I decided to make this a monthly list just because I didn’t want to make a “most-anticipated-books-of-the-year” for me when I don’t know everything that is going to be published this year. Yes, sure I can tell you about the ones I know are coming out this year but that’s what this list is for, I’ll just do it monthly.
Anyways, I feel like because it’s the start of a new year, publishers put out a lot of books this month, or is it just me? But regardless, my list has some interesting titles that I can’t wait to read eventually. So here’s the list.
- A Love Hate Thing by Whitney D. Grandison: to be completely honest with you, I only chose this book because the cover looked amazing. Also, this year I’m trying to be more selective about the books that I’m reading and I’m trying to not to add just any book that might look interesting to be Goodreads want-to-read list. So, when I went to check this book out the story itself seem very promising and it deals with some social issues that I would love to read more about. Moreover, this book reminds me of the Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles and I really loved that series so hopefully this one is as good.
- Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen: This book I know I’ll get to read in February closer to the Barnes and Noble YA book club time because the closer I read it to book club I know the story will be fresher in my memory. But, I’m super excited to read it because not only does it look good but I also got an ARC for it when I went to Yallfest this year so that makes me happy.
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer: I’m not going to say anything more about this book. I wrote a pretty extensive review on this book a couple of months back, so if you want to know how I feel about it keep scrolling down. Spoiler alert: I didn’t like it. The only reason is one of my most anticipated is because I want to see how everyone else will react to this book.
- Nameless Queen by Rebecca McLaughlin: Girl (or guy) this book was awesome. I already wrote my review on it and it was amazing. I’m not going to say anything else about it because the review for this book is located two posts below this one. Just scroll and read it, you’ll see why I think it’s such a great book. You will really enjoy it.
- The Map From Here to There by Emery Lord: I’m sad to say that I’ve yet to read anything by Emery Lord before so I’m excited to give her a try. I’ve read that she’s a pretty good author and I got to meet her a few years back and she was super sweet so I decided to give this book a try.
- Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim: Now, talk about a badass looking cover. I’m here for all the assassins looking covers and just covers that look ready to kill someone (LOL), which even though we can’t see her face in this cover, she still looks like she is ready to kill. I’m here for it. I want it in my hands right now.
- Ashlords by Scott Reintgen: This particular book I know nothing about, but I do know about the author. He was at YALLFEST this year and I fell in love with him. In the YA Smack-down section of YALLFEST, he recited a poem that he wrote to his wife many years ago and wow, he was amazing. I fell in love with him right there. He’s also super cute so mad respect to his wife. Now, I want to read his book. So, here we go!
- Throw Like A Girl by Sarah Henning: I’ve already read this book and let me tell you it is like reading a Morgan Matson book or a Kasie West one. It was cute and adorable and super modern in terms of her writing style. You’ll surely enjoy this book. I give it a 4/5 stars. P.S. it also helps that the author is super cute too.
- Infinity Son by Adam Silvera: This book I fought so hard to get an ARC for and I got it and now I’m super excited to read it. It also helps that Adam Silvera and I are country neighbors, he’s Puertorican and I’m Dominican which makes me love him even more. Quick secret though, this will be my first Silvera book, but don’t tell anyone I told you that, let’s keep it a secret between you and me.
That’s my list everybody. Now, let me know if you are interested in any of these books because I would love to talk to you about them. Moreover, if you have any other books that you are excited for this January, please let me know in the comments down below because I could add some more to my list! And as always guys, I want to thank you for taking the time to read my post. I truly appreciate it.