This book has a beautiful story, the only problem is that there’s a lot to keep up with. If you are not an avid reader, I would recommend taking notes while you are reading.
Simon and Baz have a complicated relationship–at first you don’t know what to make of it–but everything sorts out in the end. This book is written in the point of view of many characters, these are:
- Penelope: She’s Simon best friend, and she’s super smart. With her, Simon and Baz get to solve the mystery of the humdrum and, well, she is really hard to ignore because once she get’s a hold of you, she won’t let you go.
- Agatha: she is and then later was Simon’s girlfriend. She is really afraid of the magic world. And well, she is not in love with Simon, so basically… (weird)
- Lucy: is Simon’s mom, and I’m not sure sure what is her part in this book, but whatever–not my problem.
- Mage: Then there’s Mage, he’s so complicated, and is just annoying to be honest. But then there’s–
- Baz: Simon and him are roommates. They hate each other. Baz is abducted for six weeks. Simon spends all that time looking for him. He is kind of frustrating if you asked me. I really don’t know how the two of them survived around each other.
- Simon: He’s the most powerful magician ever known and that terrifies him. He is also the one who has to put an end to the humdrum.
The story revolves around their intern school. Is a really great book, so if you are into magic, romance and Rainbow. This is the perfect book for you!